Saturday, January 12, 2008

Please pray...

Hey everyone. Please pray protection and strength for James, Joe (Bryan) and Michael Lee as one of their co-workers was killed today on the job. He was a lineman and was electrocuted while working up on the pole. It's very sobering and scary and shook me up quite a bit. He had a family, 3 kids, and his wife had just had a baby; I can't even imagine getting that call. I know his job is dangerous, but you never want to think about how great the risk is. I'm so proud of my husband and the other guys who've been braving the storm and working countless hours to get everyone's power back on...they're truly heroes.
Update: Sunday - James just got home! yeah!

paste this on your browser to see the interview:
http://www.news10.net/video/player_news10.aspx?aid=50509&bw=


8 comments:

Soul Focus Photography said...

wow leinlani. that is crazy. i had no idea that is what he did! that picture you posted really gives a good idea of how dangerous! prayers definately going up

Steve and Alie said...

Wow, that's really intense, Lei. I am praying that God keeps the men safe! That must be really hard for his family and for PG&E. I know PG&E is always talking about "safety first" and "have a safe day," so this is really heartbreaking. Keep praying for your hubby. God will keep him safe...

Danielle said...

Oh goodness!! So sad to hear! Will James be home this weekend?? We love you James and Joe!!

Passionate about Christ said...

It is so true. That is just devastating. It was crazy. When we got the call and found out about the guy. My heart just broke for his family. I can't even begin to imagine recieving one of those calls. Didn't realize how dangerous it really is the work that these guys do.
P.S.I am totally glad my dad and James get to work together.
p.s. again. did James like his new sweat shirt you got him?

Ryan & Holly said...

Leilani,
First of all, let me say that I am praying for James and Joe and the other crew members, and also for you that God gives you peace and removes any fear or anxiety that may be distracting you during the day or keeping you up at night. Second, I do think it would be fun if both our sons made it as finalists and we got to go to New York together. And we don't know about Oregon yet. We are still praying about our decision and awaiting a more formal offer from the church before we make any moving announcements. But please pray that we will know what God wants before we think of what we want to do.

Andrea said...

How scary....we will for sure pray for the boys. And pray that James gets home quickly. Your so strong, I love you and am praying for you too.

Jim and Jenn Blackman said...

you're like married to superman...that stuff is crazy, and i know he loves it.
Jim comes home in just about a week, still not sure what day yet.

Amy said...

I am so glad that James is home safe and sound! Hope you guys had a great family day together yesterday.